Oct. 5, 2017 8:00 pm - Oct. 26, 2017 9:00 pm
Description :This webinar course will be offered in two parts.
Dates: Part I Thursday, October 5 and Thursday, October 26. Part II will include the 2nd two webinars offered in early 2018.
Time: Sessions begin at 8:00 PM ET and end at 9:00 PM ET. Please make adjustment for different time zones.
Course Fee: Free. This series is sponsored by an educational grant from Supernus Pharmaceuticals.
This course supports parents and caregivers of young adults with ADHD. Through this four webinar series parents and caregivers will gain tools to support their young adult with ADHD in the transition to independence. The course will help participants empower their young adult by improving communication, assisting and supporting their child in making decisions, and helping them become their own advocate. The information will focus on parents and caregivers of teens and young adults with ADHD between the ages of 16-21.
Presenters: Ari Tuckman, PsyD, MBA & Stephanie Sarkis, PhD, NCC, DCMHS, LMHC
Webinar 1: Understanding and Supporting Young Adults with ADHD
- Recognize delayed development of executive functions in the teen years
- Identify when to step in and when to step back
- Apply parenting strategies to young adults with ADHD such as using natural consequences and negotiating differences of opinion
Webinar 2: Helping Your Young Adult Become Independent
- Identify organization and time management strategies for school and work
- Recognize financial management tools and strategies
- Discuss a plan for work/play balance
Webinar 3: Transfer of Clinical Care
- Explain the benefits of medication
- Recognize the importance of continuity when medication is currently part of a young adult’s treatment plan
- Discuss professionals who can support young adults with ADHD, such as therapists, coaches, and prescribers and the benefits of each
Webinar 4: Exploring Options after High School
- Identify college and vocational training opportunities
- Discuss the traits of a successful student
- Explore options outside of college and vocational training
REGISTER NOW. Use the register link to register for the whole series. You will receive confirmation for both Part I webinars and be automatically registered for Part II when the dates are finalized. All registrants for the webinars will receive a recording of each webinar. This course is meant to be taken as a whole series and each webinar will build on previous information.
Oct. 10, 2017 7:00 pm - Nov. 14, 2017 9:00 pm
Description :This weekly seven-session class begins on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 and ends on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Sessions begin at 7:00 PM EST and ends 9:00 PM.EST
$125.00 registration fee. Contact Camille Quinton at email@example.com Registration fee due by Sept. 30
The course includes a state-of-the-art curriculum with the training provided by an experienced, certified Parent to Parent Teacher. Each of the weekly two-hour sessions covers an area of information absolutely essential to the successful management of ADHD. And best of all, the training is from a parent's perspective, brought to you by experts who have faced the same struggles, questions, and challenges you face. In addition to the classes you will receive a Parent to Parent Workbook full of helpful articles, tips and worksheets to use in your own family.
SESSION 1: Overview of ADHD
SESSION 2: Assessment to Multimodal Treatment
SESSION 3: Developing Parenting Strategies and Positive Behavior Interventions-Behavioral Management, Part I
SESSION 4: Developing Parenting Strategies and Positive Behavior Interventions-Behavioral Management, Part II
SESSION 5: Educational Rights for Your Child with ADHD
SESSION 6: Building an Education Team: Bridging the Gap Between Home and School
SESSION 7: Resiliency, Teen Challenges and Future Success
Questions or to register: firstname.lastname@example.org