Jan. 11, 2018 8:00 pm - Jan. 25, 2018 9:00 pm
Register for the series. You'll be directed to the recordings for Part I, and be registered for the live Part II webinars. Register here
This webinar course will be offered in two parts.
Dates: Part I Thursday, October 5 and Thursday, October 26. Part II Thursday, January 11 and Thursday, January 25.
Time: Sessions begin at 8:00 PM ET and end at 9:00 PM ET. Please make adjustment for different time zones.
Course Fee: Free. This series is sponsored by an educational grant from Supernus Pharmaceuticals.
Register for the series. Register here
This course supports parents and caregivers of young adults with ADHD. Through this four webinar series parents and caregivers will gain tools to support their young adult with ADHD in the transition to independence. The course will help participants empower their young adult by improving communication, assisting and supporting their child in making decisions, and helping them become their own advocate. The information will focus on parents and caregivers of teens and young adults with ADHD between the ages of 16-21.
Presenters: Ari Tuckman, PsyD, MBA & Stephanie Sarkis, PhD, NCC, DCMHS, LMHC
Webinar 1: Understanding and Supporting Young Adults with ADHD Watch a recording.
- Recognize delayed development of executive functions in the teen years
- Identify when to step in and when to step back
- Apply parenting strategies to young adults with ADHD such as using natural consequences and negotiating differences of opinion
Webinar 2: Helping Your Young Adult Become Independent Watch a recording.
- Identify organization and time management strategies for school and work
- Recognize financial management tools and strategies
- Discuss a plan for work/play balance
Webinar 3: Transfer of Clinical Care
- Explain the benefits of medication
- Recognize the importance of continuity when medication is currently part of a young adult’s treatment plan
- Discuss professionals who can support young adults with ADHD, such as therapists, coaches, and prescribers and the benefits of each
Webinar 4: Exploring Options after High School
- Identify college and vocational training opportunities
- Discuss the traits of a successful student
- Explore options outside of college and vocational training
Register here Use the register link to sign up for the remainder of the webinars in the series. All registrants for the webinars will receive a recording of each webinar. This course is meant to be taken as a whole series and each webinar will build on previous information.