Logo of National Resource Center on AD/HD
Home · Register · NRC Library    in Spanish
Ask a Question About AD/HD

Follow Us on Twitter Become an NRC fan on Facebook and "Friend" Phil Fidgety

Can't find what you're looking for? Our health information specialists are here to help. Contact us at 800-233-4050 or online.

Ask the Expert Online Series

The NRC's monthly chats provide the opportunity to ask questions of leading experts on ADHD.

Our Most Recent Event:

Who: Barbara Howard, MD
What: ADHD and ODD in Children
When: Oct. 17, 2012, 3:00 - 4:00 PM Eastern Time
Register Now

ADHD in childhood can be complicated by co-occurring conditions. Some children and their families also contend with the symptoms of oppositional defiant disorder (ODD). Children and their parents struggle as they deal with the symptoms of ADHD and a recurrent pattern of negative, defiant, disobedient and hostile behavior toward authority figures, including family members, teachers and other adults, caused by ODD.

The most effective treatment addresses both disorders and the needs of the child. Dr. Barbara Howard of The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine has worked extensively with children and families coping with ADHD and ODD. She will discuss both disorders, their joint treatment and practical ways for families to help their children and move forward in a positive and healthy way in life.

About Barbara Howard, MD

Barbara Howard, MD, is the president, Total Child Health, Inc. and an assistant professor of Pediatrics at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She is a developmental-behavioral pediatrician. She is a very popular national speaker on child behavior problems and is past president of the Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Dr. Howard has served on national committees of the American Academy of Pediatrics.

Recordings: Available to the public within two weeks of the chat.

Frequently Asked Questions
What is Executive Function?
Can you help me find a doctor or mental health professional?
Is there a simple test to diagnose ADHD?
What is Section 504?
If I request an evaluation, doesn't the school have to do it?
View all Frequently Asked Questions

Ask a question about AD/HD

Print Page · Email Page · About Us · Contact Us
Terms of Use · Privacy Policy · Site Map